Nutella & Peanut Butter Palmiers for Me and You

23 May

Do you fancy something sweet? Then do you crave for something salty? Sweet again? Salty?

That is the kind of craving I go through certain days of the week.  For starters, I begin with something  like an apple or pear and then reach for some salted peanuts. Then I have a handful of raisins and then some salad with good drizzle of tangy dressing and so on.  This irritates my hubby no end. He would beg and plead to me to have a proper meal so that I don’t go yo-yo-ing on my diet like that.  Regardless, I carry on.

Peanut Butter for my better half and Nutella for me

My hubby on the other hand, is very disciplined about his food habits. He eats a set portion of food every day and at a set time. He prefers eating home cooked meals over having to eat out. He is not a fan of fried stuff or anything that is synthetic tasting or remotely snack-able.

He is a night person and I, the early morning sort.

He has a fantastic sense of direction and I find it difficult to find my way around the locality wherein I have lived for years.

He is a skeptic and I am a believer.

He adapts and I resist.

He is water and I am earth.

I love nutella and he peanut butter.

I hate peanut butter and he hates nutella.

That is why we are made for each other.

That is why I made these Nutella and Peanut butter Palmiers

16 Responses to “Nutella & Peanut Butter Palmiers for Me and You”

1. Soma May 24, 2012 at 12:35 am #

Nutella for me and for all of us! I make similar swirls and really can’t have enough of them. Really nice idea to make half and half! How so appropriate:)

2. yummychunklet May 24, 2012 at 12:51 am #

What a great rendition because I love Nutella!

3. Ameena May 24, 2012 at 6:38 am #

I am way more like you, especially with the raisins…they are a problem for me!

These look amazing. And the picture of you and hubby? Too cute.

4. Vinaykrishnan Vishwanath Menon May 24, 2012 at 8:03 am #

So, since you hate peanut butter, and he hates nutella, who ate this? Mimi? :) :)

I loved the way you wrote this post. Very much the way I like to write too. Short jabs in each sentences. And a killer punch of a sentence to end it all. Naice!!! :) :)

5. marie May 24, 2012 at 8:25 am #

It’s all about complimenting each other. I love to cook and kinda like to clean, Glenn enjoys neither. Glenn is great at fixing and making things, I don’t have a crafty bone in my body. And yup, he can get us somewhere with his eyes closed while I can barely make it there with a map, gps and directions.

6. Sally May 24, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Love the swirls. Personally like peanut butter only in a satay sauce.

7. Bikramjit Singh Mann May 24, 2012 at 11:28 am #

not sure of nutella , I dont eat it much rather maybe had it just once or twice only ..

but the swirls loook so tempting

8. Deeps @ Naughty Curry May 24, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

u know what they say bout opposites attract ;D well i love pb & i love nutella, got me drooling

9. Baker Street (@bakerstreet29) May 24, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

I didn’t see anything beyond Nutella! Fabulous recipe, Anita. I hope you’re willing to share. :)

10. saffron May 25, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Lovely recipe Anita, would try and make it soon. Thanks for sharing.

11. Thanh @ eat, little bird May 26, 2012 at 12:31 am #

Nutella AND peanute butter? Best of both worlds! Yum!

12. Cass @foodmyfriend May 28, 2012 at 7:49 am #

I can eat nutella just on a spoon! Yummy match :) My 2 favourite nuts. I made something similar the other day but with a raspberry coulis.

• Anita Menon June 1, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Thanks Cassandra. Raspberry Coulis sounds delightful too.I should try that once

13. sandhya@vegetarianirvana June 1, 2012 at 5:39 am #

What a great idea. Yin and Yan palmiers and looks like you and your hubby as well!

• Anita Menon June 1, 2012 at 8:02 am #

yin and yang.. wow.. I didn’t think of putting it that ways. Fantastic , Sandhya

14. TheWhiteRamekins June 22, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

what an innovative idea of packaging two wonderful flavors together